School Violence Awareness Week and Reviewing for the FIRST Test


Hi again!

Test day is the best day?  I'm not so sure.  My students have always been very nervous on assessment days.  To alleviate some of the stress, a few years ago I started using weekly formative assessments and especially before a major assessment.  Of course, they've evolved over time - specifically into more tech-based assessments, but I truly think this has eased some of the stress associated with test day.

In this week's vlog, you'll watch as I help prepare my students for their first major test using a few different strategies.  Since this is also School Violence Awareness Week, I'll share the activities I prepared in support of violence prevention.

I hope this video will help you to create lessons that inspire your students to take an active role in school violence prevention as well as decrease some of the stress associated with test days.  Enjoy!




Ms. Razz is an enthusiastic chemistry teacher in New Jersey.  She often counts herself to sleep at night using molecules or by reciting Avogadro's number. (For real.) She believes that every student has the power to learn anything, even chemistry.  After all, she remembers this hustle didn't always come easy to her. She's also a Teachers Pay Teachers seller and you can view and purchase her lessons here.

No comments:

Post a Comment