A new phenomenon for my solutions unit!


Hi!  It feels so good to be back!

It was my first full week back to school since battling pneumonia.  Fortunately I am feeling better, and returned to school with a quite a few fun and engaging activities.

We finished our unit on stoichiometry by designing an airbag using knowledge of molar volume and mole conversions.  At the end of the week I introduced our new unit, with, you guessed it, a phenomenon!  For a different change of pace, I dug out the Mr. Sketch markers and poster paper for a Phenomodeling activity.  It was great to see my students relate their prior knowledge and experience to this phenomenon.  Finally, on lab day my students participated in an inquiry lab that introduced saturated, unsaturated, and supersaturated solutions.  It was a busy week in Ms. Razz's class that is for sure!


Have a great week!



Ms. Razz is an enthusiastic chemistry teacher in New Jersey.  She often counts herself to sleep at night using molecules or by reciting Avogadro's number. (For real.) She believes that every student has the power to learn anything, even chemistry.  After all, she remembers this hustle didn't always come easy to her. She's also a Teachers Pay Teachers seller and you can view and purchase her lessons here.

No comments:

Post a Comment