Planning and Carrying Out an Investigation


Hi again!

This week we kicked off our study of kinetics by investigating the factors that affect reaction rate.  My chemists created their own experiments to understand the effect of changing concentration, temperature, and surface area on reaction time.  It was amazing to observe my chemists' meaningful discussions about their data, as well as hear them construct explanations for their findings.  I'll also show you the scaffolding I created to help my chemists think about their experimental design.

I hope this vlog will inspire you to try having your chemists design their own investigations!

Thanks so much for watching!




Ms. Razz is an enthusiastic chemistry teacher in New Jersey.  She often counts herself to sleep at night using molecules or by reciting Avogadro's number. (For real.) She believes that every student has the power to learn anything, even chemistry.  After all, she remembers this hustle didn't always come easy to her. She's also a Teachers Pay Teachers seller and you can view and purchase her lessons here.

No comments:

Post a Comment