Engineering Design Challenge - Part I

Hi!

This week I decided to take a break from posting about student buy-in, and put more of a focus on my lessons for the week.  In this vlog post I invite you into my classroom where you'll find information on my use of something I call "unit menus" and how I begin my engineering project.  Both are incredibly engaging ways for students to take ownership over their learning.  Part II will be recorded next week, so to be continued...

Enjoy!



Ms. Razz is an enthusiastic chemistry teacher in New Jersey.  She often counts herself to sleep at night using molecules or by reciting Avogadro's number. (For real.) She believes that every student has the power to learn anything, even chemistry.  After all, she remembers this hustle didn't always come easy to her. She's also a Teachers Pay Teachers seller and you can view and purchase her lessons here.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Again! Do you have an example of a unit menu and how to use? I am intrigued. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I would be happy to share that with you! I've had a lot of requests for a video on it. So I will post that after I finish my Engineering Design Challenge Part 2. Thanks so much for your interest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved watching the engineering design videos. I am in a teaching credential program and I'm trying to wrap my head around NGSS and what it looks like in the classroom, your videos are so informative and insightful. Will you be posted the Design Challenge on TPT? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Joanna! I am so glad you found those videos helpful!
    Meeting the demands of the NGSS are quite challenging, for both seasoned and novice teachers alike. As my understanding grows, I wanted to share my journey to help teachers understand this is a process that will most likely take years to fully align our content.

    I absolutely plan on posting this project, but it most likely won't be until the summer. Thanks so much for your interest, and be sure to keep a lookout for the new product!

    ReplyDelete